Poverty can take many forms and can affect both individuals and households. However not every individual/household will experience all forms of poverty, rather individual elements or combinations of differing types of poverty.
Poverty by Sub-county areas
Households in Deprivation Map (2021 Census)
Poverty Dashboard (Direct Link)
To maximise this dashboard to full screen or download, please click on the 3 dots in the top right of the dashboard.
The following reports bring together some of the publicly available poverty statistics that are available for County Durham. For areas within the county please select the ‘Reports’ option above.
- Average Household Income
- Children in Poverty (New Local Measure)
- Claimant Count (ONS Experimental Statistics)
- Free School Meals (School Census)
- Fuel Poverty
- Index of Deprivation (2019)
- Left-behind Neighbourhoods
- LG Inform – Impacts of Welfare Reform (web link to report)
- LG Inform – Financial hardship and economic vulnerability (web link to report)
- LG Inform – Cost of Living Vulnerability Index in County Durham (web link to report)
- Relative and Absolute Poverty (Summary information)
- Universal Credit
- Office for National Statistics: Cost of Living Insights