Poverty can take many forms and can affect both individuals and households. However not every individual/household will experience all forms of poverty, rather individual elements or combinations of differing types of poverty.
Poverty Dashboard (Direct Link)
To maximise this dashboard to full screen or download, please click on the 3 dots in the top right of the dashboard.
The following reports bring together some of the publically available poverty statistics that are available for County Durham. For areas within the county please select the ‘Reports’ option above.
- Index of Deprivation (2019 and 2015)
- Children in Poverty (New Local Measure)
- Free School Meals (School Census)
- Claimant Count (ONS Experimental Statistics)
- Fuel Poverty
- Relative and Absolute Poverty (Summary information)
- LG Inform – Impacts of Welfare Reform (web link to report)
- LG Inform – Financial hardship and economic vulnerability (web link to report)