Poverty can take many forms and can affect both individuals and households. However not every individual/household will experience all forms of poverty, rather individual elements or combinations of differing types of poverty.
Interactive Map: Poverty by Sub-county areas
Poverty Dashboard (Direct Link)
To maximise this dashboard to full screen or download, please click on the 3 dots in the top right of the dashboard.
The following reports bring together some of the publically available poverty statistics that are available for County Durham. For areas within the county please select the ‘Reports’ option above.
- Children in Poverty (New Local Measure)
- Claimant Count (ONS Experimental Statistics)
- Free School Meals (School Census)
- Fuel Poverty
- Index of Deprivation (2019 and 2015)
- LG Inform – Impacts of Welfare Reform (web link to report)
- LG Inform – Financial hardship and economic vulnerability (web link to report)
- Relative and Absolute Poverty (Summary information)
- Universal Credit