Since the 1970s the Department of Communities and Local Government (DCLG) and its predecessors have calculated various local measures of deprivation in England. The increasing availability of administrative data at local levels has driven developments in the definition and measurement of deprivation. Further data is available through the ‘Deprivation‘ theme under the ‘Themes’ menu above.
The following factsheets describe deprivation across County Durham and how it effects our communities.
Index of Deprivation 2019
- Story Map: Index of Deprivation in County Durham 2019
Index of Deprivation 2015
- Index of Deprivation 2015 Factsheet
- Employment Deprivation
- LG Inform: Index of Deprivation (Search)
- Loneliness and Social Isolation
- Fuel Poverty
- LG Inform – Impacts of Welfare Reform (web link to report)
- LG Inform – Financial hardship and economic vulnerability (web link to report)