Note: The following factsheets are updated annually and present the data available as of January. As updates occur during the year, sometimes several times in a year, up to date information on the latest releases can be found on the related data reports page.
This section provides factsheets covering the economy, employment and the labour market and unemployment and other related indicators. They are intended to inform the development of the plans and strategies used by Durham County Council and its partners in providing services and support to the residents of the county. They also help support economic regeneration objectives, through assessment of performance to increase employment, encourage business growth and investment and to tackle economic disadvantage. Further data is available through the ‘Economy & Employment‘ theme under the ‘Themes’ menu above.
Strategies: Altogether Wealthier – Plans and Strategies
- Employment Factsheet – Annual Population Survey
- Economic Inactivity Factsheet
- Jobs Factsheet- Business Register Employment Survey
- Employment Deprivation in County Durham
- Average Weekly Earnings Factsheet
- Gross Disposable Household Income Factsheet
- Gross Valued Added Factsheet
- Director of Health Annual Report – Work and You 2016 (PDF; 2.7Mb)
- Fuel Poverty
- Housing in County Durham Factsheet
- Transport in County Durham